Healthy living is all the rage now. You have probably signed up for gym classes and crafted a healthy diet that suits you. Heck you are even implementing a juicing plan. Everyone has suddenly become juice fiends these past few years. Sodas and energy drinks are out, healthy drinks are in.
The winds of change have blown in and juicing has become a lifestyle. The rewards of juicing are immense. From boosts in immunity to cleaner guts, improved skin and weight loss, your glass of juice can prevent an emergency doctor’s appointment.
So eeerm, everyone owns a juicer?
Interestingly, most people enjoying this new trend do not own juicers. Dashing into your favorite juice bar daily can be both time consuming and expensive. It is time to go shopping for a juicer whether you drink fresh juice to; get healthy, save money, eat the rainbow or get a fiber fix.
Two Types of Juice Extractors
There are two types of juice extractors in the market; masticating juicers and centrifugal juicers. Choosing which one to buy can be a daunting task. You must think a juicer by any other name is still a juicer right? Wrong. While the question of which juicer to buy really boils down to how often you will use it, knowledge on the pros and cons helps. This Breville juicer comparison article will help you figure out if you need a masticating juicer or a centrifugal juicer.
They also go by cold press juicers. These single-gear juicers will have you digging a bit deeper into your pockets than centrifugal juicers. This is to be expected because they produce a better yield (considering organic fruits cost an arm and a leg). If you are still stuck on the ‘more costly’ bit, here are a few reasons that might make you consider this type of juicers.
- Extracting juice from low-moisture fruits and veggies just got easier. These juicers will yield slightly more juice from watery fruits (read watermelons, oranges, and the likes). And it will still be up for the challenge when dealing drier fruits (apples anyone?)
Time. Time. Time. Did I mention time? You will take more time to prepare produce for juicing when using a masticating juicer. You need to chop the fruits or vegetables into small pieces because it can’t handle whole fruits. Juice is not quickly produced either, lengthening the waiting time. The juicer handles leafy vegetables quite well so this can help turn a blind eye to the time consumed preparing the produce.
These juicers use centrifugal force to extract juice from fruits or vegetables. They are good with soft and hard fruits but fail when it comes to the oh-so-important leafy greens.
Its supporters would have you buy this type of juicer because;
- It is less expensive. Not everyone is interested in integrating juice into their diet; some people just want fresh juice to casually sip during hot summer days. It makes more sense to go for the cheaper model if you aren’t interested in the nutritional benefits promised by the other.
- Spinning juicers are time effective. They will juice up a pile of fruits or vegetables quicker than cold press juicers.
- Buying one is as easy as walking into your favorite department store. Actually most TV ads on juicers are on centrifugal juicers making their availability easy.
The heat generated causes enzymatic changes in the nutrients available, destroying them. This reduces the nutritional value of the end product. It can also cause the machine to overheat.
Breville BJS-600XL comes in an unconventional vertical masticating design. Breville must have been thinking of its customers because of the juicer’s compact style. You will find the juicer easier to fit into counters and cabinets.
What features is this Breville juicer offering?
- It is powered by an ‘ultra-quiet’ 240-watt induction motor
- Uses cold press technology to slowly squeeze juice out of the produce
- Dual stage system maximizes yield. It works in either direction and helps free up clogs
- A strainer and auger made from Ultem material. Ultem is 8 times stronger than the plastic material used in most slow juicers.
Why we love it?
- It is quiet. The motor spins at less than 100rpm doing your ear drums a favor.
- Juice extracted contains more fiber and less froth.
- Cleaning it is a snap. As long as you clean it up after usage to prevent residue hardening up. It comes with a brush to help keep your filter sparkling.
- Has overload protection. Pretty neat, right? The system automatically shut down when there is an overload.
- Short warranty. The jury is still out over if this is a bad thing or not. A longer warranty gets me thinking that the manufacturers anticipate damage in the long run. But that’s just me. The motor gets a 10 year warranty while other parts get a 1 year warranty
- Produces a lot of pulp. Very smooth pulp but pulp nevertheless
- Need to chop up produce. Yes, sometimes you just want to throw in all your ingredients but you’ll have to dice them up if you are using this juicer.
The company was clearly trying to woe non-centrifugal customers over when they created this juicer. Most consumers had positive reviews and happy that it produced less froth than a centrifugal juicer.
Some sighted its tendency to jam up when dealing with hard ingredients. The secret is to dice them up into smaller pieces and don’t put too much at once. It is ideal for savy juicers willing to spend on a new juicy at a reasonable price.
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain is a hit with frequent users. It is top rated by both owners and experts who have tried out the Breville gadget. The price is reasonable and the juicer convenient which explains its popularity. Its powerful motor delivers the power of a centrifugal juicer while making juice that is as tasty and nutritious as that made in a masticating juicer.
What does it have to offer?
- It is both powerful and versatile saving you on repairs
- Noise levels are lower than average ensuring you peace of mind
- It has a three-inch-wide feed chute thus saving some prep time
- It has 850 power watts and takes 6500 revolutions per minute ergo saving on time
- It is fast and powerful and able to handle tough vegies like celery and spinach.
- It has a large feed chute for all those who think that bigger is better.
- Cleaning is made easier since the pulp bin is detachable so you can line it with a plastic bag.
- It is quite handy for when you are in a hurry.
- It has a 1.1 litre juice jug with froth separator
- There have been some leakage complaints
- Not all components are dishwasher safe therefore a huge loss of time when cleaning
Here is a stepping stone for beginners incorporating healthy drinks into their homes. If consumer reviews are anything to go by, this is the top centrifugal juicer in the market. After all is said and done, if you are looking for a juicer that’s bent on giving its best extracting juice (driest pulp I have ever seen) this centrifugal juicer is your best bet.
Breville 800JEXL is all-round centrifugal juicer that is sure to meet your everyday juice needs. The main purpose of the gadget is to produce healthy juice and this one meets it to a degree. You will be relived to find out it does not heat up the ingredients so the juice is packed with nutrients, enzymes and amazing flavours.
- It has a circular three inch feed tube which means less wastage of time spent chopping.
- It has an electric motor that increases power under yield which means time saving.
- It has a pulp container, juicing pitcher and manual making it convenient for first time users.
- Titanium-plated cutting disk.
- Durable stainless steel construction for easier cleaning.
- It has a variety of safety features to keep that nosy kid at bay.
- Commercial power and dual speed control
- Due to its big feeding chute, time is spared as no cutting is required
- For a centrifugal juicer, it is not cheap.
- Unfortunately it can’t juice wheat grass. To all who love wheatgrass juice you might want to search for a different juicer.
- Unlike most Breville products it is loud and annoying.
For a mid-range price juicer, it meets its obligations quite reasonably. Juicing newbies will it very user-efficiency. Most consumers are satisfied with what it offers seeing that there are no flaw reviews. It is a monster juicer (quite literary-its size is huge)that is effective and durable enough to last for years.
The Breville BJE510XL Juicer is on a level of its own in matters juicing. Breville created a super smart (it actually has a smart-chip inside) juicer that is easy to use and efficiently extracts juice. So what makes it stand out from other centrifugal juicers? It comes with a few beautiful extra features that you will fall in love with. This with other features expected from a high quality centrifugal juicer.
- Has a patented nutria-disc system. Blades are reinforced with titanium keeping them sharper for longer
- Surfaces that come into contact with the ingredients and juice are BPA free keeping your family safe and healthy.
- 900-watt heavy duty motor that revs up speeds between 6500 RPM to 12,000 RPM
- 5-speed selector tailored for different food groups. This is the highlight of this juicer. It allows the user to select the most suitable speed for the produce and the juicer delivers the most goodness possible.
Why should you opt for this juicer?
- You have control of the speed enabling you to juice the produce in the best possible way. It is true you can juice soft and hard produce with other juicers. What makes this one different is the ability to squeeze the maximum possible juice and nutrients.
- Cleaning and maintenance is easy. Most parts can be washed safely on the top shelf of the dishwasher. Do you hate clutter in the kitchen? This juicer won’t stress your eyes. The cord is designed to hide beneath the base plus the juicer has a stainless steel body that looks sexy on your counter-top.
- Built to withstand hours of heavy use. From the 900-watt motor to the premium-grade polymer body construction, it is clear its makers had forever in mind.
- It has a spacious feed chute that minimizes prep time considerably. The chute is 3 inches wide thus able to accommodate large chunks of produce. This means less time spent slicing and dicing.
What we did not like?
- Unfortunately, the juice extracted is a little frothy and has a short shelf life.
- Do not expect the best in terms of efficiency when extracting juice from leafy greens. You will have to shop for Breville’s masticating juicers for that.
This juicer is a no brainer for an enthusiast who craves great high-quality juice daily. It is has a beautiful construction that’s easy on the eyes and is built to last. If you are looking for an efficient juicer that ranks highly in its league and makes life easier at the same time… you are welcome.
Hard ingredients have met their match in this powerful Breville BJE200XL centrifugal juicer. What might get you tap dancing is how affordable it is, even for a centrifugal juicer. Many reviewers on Amazon seem to agree that great things come in small packages. It is compact, small and able to withstand years of daily use.
- 700 watt motor that spins at 14,000 rpm extracting juice in a jiffy.
- Stainless steel micro-mesh filters for longevity and easier cleaning.
- 3.3 inches wide feed chute with titanium blades so there is no need to pre-cut produce.
- Feature a locking mechanism that prevents the juicer from turning on without being properly locked in place.
- Has a 800ml juice jug that includes a froth separator.
What are its strengths?
- It produces juice in seconds making it very fast.
- Saves on time as it requires minimal produce pre-cutting.
- It is a bestselling centrifugal juicer on Amazon. Consumers that used trust its reliability and recommend it.
- Very noisy. Do not use it at night unless you plan on waking the entire neighborhood.
- Sucks in lots of air oxidizing the juice. You will have to drink everything up because it won’t last for more than a day without going bad.
Could this be the best Breville centrifugal juicer?
Well, it is fast, efficient and easy to clean. Aren’t these the attributes buyers are looking for? It is certainly recommended for busy folks that are starting out the juicing journey. Because it is very user friendly, all you do is stuff ingredients I the feed chute and indulge in juice a few seconds later. It is worth noting that the juicer is not as efficient as a masticating juicer. But with the world moving so fast, who has time to wait for a slow juicer?
Breville solved the centrifugal lo shelf life problem with this juicer. Breville BJE400SIL machine incorporates Breville’s Cold Spin Technology that aims at prolonging the life of your juice. What does this mean? The juice jug is designed to be kept in your fridge. Your juice can go for up to 72 hours while maintaining its flavor and freshness with the right temperature.
- Breville’s Cold Spin Technology allowing a longer shelf life.
- Features a 3 position switch; FAST, SLOW and OFF.
- Has a detachable nozzle for easy juice collection
- Includes a brush for easier cleaning.
- Plastic parts are guaranteed BPA free keeping your family safe
- The cord has a neatly hidden storage keeping your counter-top clutter free
- Able to juice continuously with external pulp ejection
- Has a high capacity juice jug and a larger pulp collector
- This juicer is not the best when dealing with leafy greens
- It has a short warranty period of one year.
No other appliance in the market comes close to this as far as centrifugal juicers are concerned. Its main selling point is the Cold Spin Technology that counteracts one of the main disadvantages of such juicers. It might share the same problems as other fast spinning juicers (leafy greens… again) but it has a lower price tag making it an attractive buy.
The Breville BJE820XL Juicer ranks highest in the company’s Juice Fountain series. It is a high end juice extractor that comes with a high end price. The machine is fast, user-friendly, and easy to clean and has gotten impressive reviews despite its pricy cost.
- Two discs; a juicing disc and a puree disc. The puree disc gets the most out of very soft fruits
- A monster 1200 watt motor with five speed adjustable controls
- Made of high grade materials such as a die cast metal body, a stainless steel mesh filter, and titanium reinforced cutting disc.
What we love
- Powered by the biggest motor Breville has to offer, the juicer mows through anything dropped into it in a matter of seconds
- By now, we know that Breville has designed all their juicers to be easily cleaned. This juicer is no exception
- Has a speed control that lets you customize juicing depending on produce in use.
- Noisy. Similar to other centrifugal juicers
- Cannot handle leafy greens
A combo that is a blender and a juicer in one machine is sure to wow anyone. Breville BJB840XL Juicer gives you what you pay for. The price might cause you to gasp but you should know you are paying for two items in one package.
- Blender power of 1200 watts
- Includes a froth separator with a jug
- Has a safety locking arm plus overload protection
- It is commercial grade and can be used for professional purposes
- Its glass pitcher is scratch and chip resistant
- Most parts are dishwasher safe
- Does not suit folks with a budget as it is pricy
- Powered by a 850 watt dual speed motor
- Has low and high speed control setting
- Body is made of heavy grade polymer to last for years
- Has a one year warranty.
- Like most centrifugal juicers, it is fast and powerful.
- Versatility. Handles hard fruits and leafy greens quite well.
- Designed to be convenient to use. This includes assembling and cleaning.
- Generates very low heat. Juice produced is high quality.
What’s not good?
- You may need to run the pulp one more time to extract juice from leafy greens
The Breville JE900 Juice Fountain Juicer uses a patented center cutting system to take juicing to new heights. It has earned its name rightfully because it extracts a flowing fountain of juice as opposed to other machines.
- 600 watt motor that generates 14,00 rpm centrifugal juicing
- Italian made patented center blade assembly
- Stainless steel micromesh filter
- Extremely fast juice extraction
- Base cord wrap reduces appearance of clutter
- Very easy to clean
- Has a stylish body
- Particles may be ejected during juicing
Our take on Breville juicers
Breville juicers came into the limelight thanks to Joe Cross’s inspirational documentary ‘Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead'. In the documentary a man struggling with obesity loses 80 pounds of fat using a juice plan. What’s more he cures himself of a debilitating autoimmune disease.
But are they that good?
Breville juicers have been discussed by Martha Stewart and featured on the Dr. Oz Show so yeah. They are good. In some quarters, it might be considered safe to say the juicing wave is being led by Breville Juicers.
Whether you choose to buy a masticating or centrifugal juicer, you can be sure if it’s from Breville it will be value for money.
My favorite masticating juicer is the Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer because of its vertical design.
If I were to pick a centrifugal juicer I’d pick the Breville BJE430SIL The Fountain Cold. Mostly because I get to go for three days without juicing more fruits. Call me lazy but a trip to the grocery store is not my cup of coffee.
Here is to hoping these few pointers help you in your juicing journey.