Juicing is the new black. If you are not juicing, you are not cool enough.
The newest word on the block that lets people know that you are cool, ‘juicing.’ For the first time the world got it right. We are a generation of overfed people; overfed on processed foods and undernourished in nutrients that you and I would never pronounce right.
This enzymes and nutrients are dense in organic vegetables and fruits, but what do we do to those foods when they are presented on the plate? We trash them and proceed to attack our burgers and fries.
Now, not all fresh juice is equal. As much as you want to jump into the juicing wagon, you want to be sure that you are ingesting all the nutrients that these ingredients that you use have. The only way to ensure that you get it all in is by using a juicer that will not compromise that quality.
Here, we will review one of the renowned brands, Hurom, and compare their juicers.
The exterior of this juicer is soft and could have you fooled of the material that it is made of. It is round and compact to fit in practically any place on your counter. It comes in white, which gives an aesthetic appeal to your kitchen. The motor (which does not use too much energy) has a whopping 10-year warranty on it.
Pros of this juicer
- You will love this – the motor only uses 150 watts of power, and it rotates at 80 rpm (revolutions per minute). This engine works slowly but ensures that all your enzymes and nutrients remain intact. You can make large batches and keep them for later because the nutrients will still be intact.
- It has a vertical auger, which makes cleaning bliss. The juicer has minimal parts too, being that the only things that you need to take apart for cleaning are the strainer, the feeding chute, and auger. Clean up could take you as few as three minutes.
- It has an auto-pulp ejection system, which allows you to juice continually.
- It is made of heavy-duty material, hence the extended warranty.
- Due to the low rpm, you can use this juicer on leafy vegetables, to make soymilk and almond milk. It is quite silent too in its operations.
- The wide chute allows you to reduce prep time.
Cons of the Hurom Masticating Slow Juicer
- Some reviewers say that the juice is pulpier that they would have wished. If you find that yours has too much pulp, you could strain it some more.
- It may be compact in its make, but with its dimensions 9.8 x 6.8 x 15.8 inches and 22 pounds, you may just have to allocate a permanent place for it on your counter.
The Hurom HH Series Masticating Juicer stands majestically in its all white exterior that looks delicate to the untrained eye. The truth, however, is that it is made of the most durable material so that no crush will break it. This slow juicer has a vertical auger, which makes clean up quite easy.
Because the 150-watt motor does not use too much energy, this juicer in blissful silence. It measures 9.8 x 6.4 x 15.7 inches and weighs 20 pounds, so you had better have enough counter space.
Pros of this Hurom Juicer
- The vertical auger makes this juicer an auto-feed, meaning that you do not have to feed your ingredients down the machine with a pusher unless you want to.
- Due to its motor, it works slowly to ensure that your ingredients retain all their nutrients. Live enzymes, Vitamins A, and C, which are quite sensitive, cannot survive heat, and so a slow rotation is the only way to retain those vital proponents.
- It has a pulp control feature for those who like more pulp in their juice. In a way, this juicer doubles up as a blender.
- The slow rotating motor allows you to juice your leafy greens using this juicer. You can even use it for wheatgrass. Since the ingredients are not thrown all over the juicer, you will enjoy some peace and quiet and even avoid the splashes that are made by the centrifugal types.
- The auger is made of durable stainless steel, which makes it efficient to extract. The strainer is also made of steel unlike its plastic counterparts, making it quite effective in its sieving duties.
- The chute could be wider. With the one we have on this juicer, you have to chop your fruits and vegetables up a bit to have them fit.
This Hurom juicer weighs 13 pounds and is circular in shape. It looks good too, so if you are into aesthetics as I am, you will agree that this juicer could upgrade any counter. It is quite big in size, measuring 9.8 x 6.4 x 15.7 inches, so it would be advisable to find a permanent place for it especially if you juice on the regular. The manufacturer shows much faith in their product by throwing in a 10-year warranty on the motor and two on the parts.
- It has one feature that most juicers lack. It has a safety lock mechanism that prevents it from starting unless all the locks are safely in place. This means you can use it with your young ones around.
- The 150-watt motor will it have you tearing your hair out on account of the noise. It works in peaceful silence even as the motor rotates at a pace that will not harm any of the live enzymes in your vegetables and the vitamins in your fruits.
- The vertical placement of the auger makes it easy to clean your juicer. It only has a handful of parts that could take you as few as three minutes to disassemble and clean, either by hand or by using the dishwasher.
- It does well with leafy greens, hard vegetables such as celery stalks and carrots, and it grinds any fruit.
- It has a pout to auto-eject the pulp, which ensures that you keep on juicing without stopping to empty the pulp bin. You can, therefore, make large batches of juice, considering that it will stay fresh for longer hours due to the lack of oxidation.
- The chute is not as wide as you would wish if you want to reduce prepping time.
Hurom seems to have mastered the art of making juicers that are appealing to the eye. That aside, the Hurom JP Series Masticating Juicer is round and compact, so that all you have to worry about is its height. Storage is no biggie even when you do not have a lot of counter space. The manufacturer knows where to entice, so they have a 10-year warranty on the 150-watt motor. It rotates at a leisurely speed, which could slow you down, but give you the highest quality of juice.
- 80Rpm is the rate at which the 150-watt motor rotates. Why is this information relevant? Because it dictates the quality of the juice you will make. Juicing is only healthy if it gives you all the minerals, vitamins, and live enzymes that are contained in vegetables and fruits. At 80RPM, your juicer does not heat up to ruin those heat-sensitive nutrients, and therefore it makes you the most nutritious juice. The 150-watt motor is a quiet operator too.
- The power of the motor is just the right requirement for leafy vegetables. The stainless steel auger does a good job of repeatedly squeezing out the juice in them to give you a good yield.
- It is quite easy to clean, as there are only a few parts, which are easy to take apart. You have the option to hand wash them or use the dishwasher on those lazy mornings.
- It auto-rejects pulp so that you do not have to stop midway to empty the bin. Another upside, you will have fewer dishes to clean.
- The chute is not broad enough to allow you to place in whole fruits. You have to chop everything into manageable pieces.
Wine. That is the color of the Hurom HK Slow Juicer. Refreshing, right? Sometimes all you need is a beautiful masterpiece on your countertop to remind you of your healthy juicing habit. That aside, this beauty has safety lock mechanisms that shut it down if you assemble the parts wrong.
- The 150-watt motor has an inbuilt cooling mechanism for when it overheats. Additionally, this motor does not need too much energy to run it and so you can juice in comfortable silence.
- The 43-RPM rotation of the motor is one of the lowest in a juicer. It prevents the juice from heating up and allowing oxygen in. Your juice will be uncompromised so that all the nutrients in the vegetables and fruits remain as they were from their source. You can also make large batches of it and keep it for up to 72 hours without fear of losing any of the nutrients or that distinct flavor.
- The design of this Hurom juicer is convenient even when you lack a large counter surface. Its width is not much to worry about and the height, which you can easily manage.
- It has a chute feed wide enough to take in whole fruits. Good news to you when you are too much of a hurry to worry about chopping things.
- The auger is stainless steel to make it as durable as the exterior. This strength also makes it efficient it extracting juices from vegetables that need a little extra help to yield. The auger placement is vertical to make cleaning a fun process. Assembly and disassembly and cleanup are as easy as cleaning your dinner plate.
- 20 pounds is no mean feat. That is what this baby weighs.
The Hurom H-AA Slow Juicer is matte black. Black is always beautiful, especially if it complements your countertop. How’s that for a kitchen upgrade? This baby works at a comfortable pace to yield highly and retains all the veggie and fruit goodness that you yearn. Can I throw in a twist? You can use it to make ice cream with your frozen ingredients.
- The 150-watt motor rotates at unbelievably slow pace. 43rpms for your troubles, sir. This means three things (well, several things but we will focus on three). One, you will juice in peaceful quiet without waking your irate babies or spouse. Two, the juicer does not heat up or allow any oxygen in as you process your ingredients. Your juice, therefore, retains all the nutrients and enzymes that could otherwise be lost if you used a juicer with a higher speed. Three, the juice stays fresh for long, and it will not lose any if its nutrients or flavor.
- The manufacturers use stainless steel to make the auger instead of the regular plastic. This durable auger will, therefore, squeeze all the juice out of your leafy vegetables and fruits, leaving bone-dry pulp. It also lasts long.
- The stainless steel mesh is quite easy to clean because all you have to do is soak it in water and scrub it with the unique brush that makes part of the package. If you are too busy to hand wash the parts, you can throw it into the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.
- It is not wide to have you worrying about counter space.
- We think the chute is a disservice to this amazing machine. If you, like me prefers a chute that allows in whole fruits, you will be a bit disappointed.
White, glossy and simply elegant. That is what you get when you open your package. I find the Hurom HP Slow Juicer to be on top of many due to its lenient price. It is the ideal machine to buy when you are on a tight budget but want to make the highest quality of juice. It has fewer parts than most, so cleaning does not take you longer than three minutes. All the detachable parts are dishwasher safe.
- The auger and the screen have been made in such a way that they reduce the pulp that gets into your juice. The auger is also sturdy enough to produce high yields from your ingredients. It works well with leafy vegetables.
- The 150-watt motor rotates at a speed of 43 revolutions per minute, which is one of the lowest rates in single-gear juicers. This ensures that the juice you make is of the highest quality and does not oxidize. You can make lots of it and keep it fresh for up to 72 hours without losing its flavor and nutritional value.
- The vertical placement of the auger not only makes it easy to disassemble and clean the parts, but it also makes the juicer auto-feeding. You do not have to push the food down the gears will take it up and crunch it without much help.
- The manufacturer gives a 2-year warranty on parts. The competition gives a longer warranty period.
A wide chute, round shape, and silent buzz when you turn it on are some of the characters that define this juicer. It has a vertical auger to make cleaning and assembly blissful. It measures 16.3 x 12.3 x 11.8 inches, which does not pose much of a problem for storage.
- A slow motor rotation that ensures the nutrients in your ingredients remain intact. Your juice will contain all the live enzymes and nutrients that you find in veggies and fruits. The rate at which the motor consumes energy is efficient too, so your energy bills will not skyrocket regardless of how often you juice.
- The low rotation works well for leafy greens as the juicer will not spit them out. It also does well with carrots and other hard vegetables. Fruits are bliss.
- The strainer and screen have fine pores to keep your juice as fine as you want it.
- With only a handful of parts to clean, this baby takes you less than four minutes to clean. You can pass the parts through the dishwasher for a thorough cleanse, but soapy water and brush do just fine.
- Unlike in other products by the manufacturer, this juicer only has a 5-year warranty on the motor and none for the parts.
The exterior of the Hurom HH-SBF11 Slow Juicer is smooth and elegant. It stands tall at 28.4 x 18.9 x 15.8 inches and weighs 14 pounds to stay grounded enough when juicing. Since it is not too wide, it does not take too much space on your counter. It is, however, advisable to allocate a special place for it so that you do not have to haul around 14 pounds every day.
- It features a 150-watt motor that rotates at 40 revolutions per minute. This pace maintains the nutritional value of your ingredients by keeping oxygen out of the process and ensuring that the juice does not heat up at all.
- It has a pulp auto-rejection system that prevents the pulp from getting in the way of you juicing. You can make large batches of juice non-stop without stopping to empty your litter pulp bin. Even better news is that the juice will not go bad or lose its nutritional value after 72 hours of storage, thanks to zero oxidation.
- The chute, auger, and strainer are all the parts that you need to clean. They clean quite easily when you soak them in warm water and scrub the strainer gently with a brush. When you need to subject them to some heat, you can pop them in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- The control lever in this generation of juicers gives you a choice between thicker juicer (with more pulp) or your usual less pulpy kind. The lever gives you the power to choose.
- You have to chop your ingredients to fit them into the feeding chute.
The Hurom HZ slow juicer has a smooth silver exterior and stands quite tall at 8.1 x 9.3 x 16 inches. It has a cap at the chute just in case food is spat out, which is quite unlikely with its 43RPM speed. A 150-watt motor that makes it possible to juice in minutes backs this juicer.
- If you want a juicer that makes you the perfect nutrient-filled glass of juice in the morning without letting the entire household know, then this is it.
- Its 43rpm will not compromise the nutrients and live enzymes in your fruits and vegetables.
- Auto-pulp ejection system is in place to keep you juicing all through.
- You can make large batches of juice and keep them fresh and nutritional for up to 72 hours, thanks to the lack of oxidation and heating in your juicing process.
- They make it with the most durable material. No fall can ruin your juicer.
- With its two different strainers, you can choose the amount of pulp you want in your juice.
- You have to chop your ingredients into tiny pieces to avoid clogging it up.
Hurom has built a strong brand around the world, and it has recently penetrated the US market. The juicers from this company are some of the best in the market, especially in the vertical auger division.
They have improved their products by adding the lever control feature that allows you to control the level of pulp in your juice. That is a first in the industry.
We love these juicers from Hurom, most of all Hurom HU-100 Masticating Slow Juicer for its prowess and elegancy. We hope that you get one too for your daily juicing.