Did you know that live enzymes found in veggies and fruits are quite beneficial to the proper function of the body?
Juicers have been through a revolution, from back in the day when they only made bulky, commercial types, to the present day when aesthetics play an important role in each release. We look into a company that has been in the market for the long haul and one that seems to keenly follow the trends and respond through new generations of releases. If you have owned a juicer from Omega for years, you will be interested in the features they have on their new generation juicers. If you are new to this trend, we are bringing you up to speed with this review.
As is the norm with Omega juicers, the Omega J8006 model has a glossy exterior that could have you fooled of its capabilities to take a fall. It is made of durable material and has the horizontal auger placement.
It takes a bit of space on the counter, but it makes up for that with its elegant design. The detachable parts are quite easy to clean, and they are dishwasher safe for when you need a thorough cleaning.
It is a masticating juicer, so it has the cold-press quality that makes you gladly spend more money on it without feeling the pinch.
- Great design - You have to admit that they took their time creating this baby. It appeals to the eye, and its glossy black and chrome exterior makes any kitchen look classy. It may have a large footprint, but when you find a permanent spot for it on your counter, you will not have to worry about space. Think of it as your motivation to juice every morning.
- The motor is slightly powerful but silent enough to allow you to work in peace without causing chaos in the entire household.
- The motor’s rotation rate, 80rpm is ideal for the retention of nutrients. At 80rpm, the live enzymes and sensitive vitamins that fruits and leafy vegetables contain will not degrade. The juicer does not overheat at that point, either, and so you can make large batches to consume later because the value of your juice will not be compromised.
- It yields highly for this reason; your produce passes through the initial stage and juice is extracted. The pulp then goes into a second stage where it is squeezed some more to produce the driest pulp ever.
- You will need to chop your ingredients into manageable pieces to fit them into the feeding tube.
The Omega J8004 Juicer stands boldly, white and majestic on your counter. It only weighs 18 pounds, so you may need to place it at a corner where you will not have the need to move it much.
This juicer complements any surface with its shine and gloss. Do not let the delicate exterior fool you. The manufacturer has used only the strongest material to make it.
It is multifunctional, works at a slow but sure pace and allows you to keep juicing for as long as 30 minutes.
- It has several nozzles for various activities. It is not only good for juicing, but it also great for grinding coffee beans and spices, making baby food, making nut butter that is healthier than what they have in stores, and extruding pasta. For the price of a juicer, you get yourself a food processor too.
- It may contain many parts, but you do not have to use them all (at least not at the same time). These parts are quite easy to disassemble, clean, and assemble. They are dishwasher safe too.
- The motor rotates at 80rpm to give you the highest quality of juice. You can feel the difference through the taste, which will not change for another 72 hours. You do not have to make juice several times a day to enjoy flavor and quality.
- Because it does not overheat, this juicer does well with leafy vegetables and wheatgrass. These two categories of ingredients are heat-sensitive, so a rotation of 100rpm and higher would not do well with them.
- Due to the limiting size of the feeding tube, you are forced to chop your produce into manageable pieces.
After several productions and tough lessons, Omega brings you this 6th Generation juicer that is an improved version of those before it.
What can you expect from this new model?
All the concerns of the previous one addressed, high quality of juice and other products (yes, it is multifunctional), and an unbeatable design. This juicer is chrome and maintains its shine for the rest of its useful life. The manufacturer throws in an attractive 15-year warranty on this piece.
- At a motor rotation of 80rpm, you can expect to reap the full benefits of juicing fruits, both soft and hard vegetables, and wheatgrass. Fans of edible grasses know that they are hard to extract given their delicate nature. This juicer will make you the healthiest glass of juice, uncompromised by heat and oxidation.
- Are you afraid of waking the entire household up with your juicing activities? Not with the 80rpm that is native to this model. Your newborn will sleep through it all.
- Your ingredients will yield quite highly with its dual-stage masticating prowess. The first step extracts the first level of juice while the second goes back on the pulp to do a more thorough job. Your pulp will be dry as a bone.
- Do you like your homemade pasta, the smell of freshly ground coffee beans, specially ground spices that you bought at the farmers market on Friday, and soymilk that you did not buy from the store? Then you can make them all now using your new Omega NC900HDC juicer. Just remember to give it a break after 30 minutes of continued use.
- It weighs 17 pounds, which may not be ideal for hauling around when you travel, but this weight keeps it stable. It will wobble all over the counter as you work.
- It takes quite a lot of space due to its width.
The Omega VRT350 Juicer has a vertical auger placement. You know what that means, don’t you? A smaller footprint. If you are worried about space (which is the common concern for people with horizontal juicers), this juicer will address those concerns.
The only concern would be its height, which any countertop can handle. It weighs enough to keep it grounded on the top as you work, but I believe juicers should be allocated their permanent place.
Why? If your plan is to start your day bright and early with a shot of goodness, then you need it there, staring back at you as a reminder.
- It has a vertical auger and so its round shape only occupies a small space on your counter top.
- The motor rotates at 80rpm to ensure that you get the highest quality of juice from your priced possession. You can also juice and hold a conversation with the motor running without the need to raise your voice.
- With its automatic pulp ejection spout, you can juice continuously for up to 30 minutes. It is ideal when you want to make a large batch of juice at a go.
- Do you want to press reverse to prevent clogging? No problem. This juicer has three controls; on, off, and reverse. Reversing your action leads to the release of pulp for more squeezing before ejection. You achieve two things with this. First, you get more out of your ingredients and second; the pulp is easily ejected through the spout.
- The strainer picks up a lot of pulp, especially when you juice fibrous kale and so it takes long to clean.
Every new generation of juicers that comes after the previous has the upper hand. It is always an improvement over the previous model. It means the manufacturer took the time to address your concerns and rectified them when they created the next big thing.
The Omega NC800 HDS model borrowed from the 4th generation in its category and cleaned up real nice to get you the sort of machine that will be worth your money.
Masticating? Yes, because you deserve the highest quality nutrients in your body if you are going to go to the trouble of making a glass of juice each morning.
- This model is elegantly designed as are most juicers from Omega. It has this glossy silver exterior that makes it looks delicate, which is only a façade. It is made of stainless steel, so your investment will pay you back several times.
- An 80-rpm motor rotation is what gives this juicer its cold-press quality. The juicer does not overheat during the process or allow in oxygen, which could degrade your juice. You only get the very highest quality with live enzymes and sensitive vitamins.
- It squeezes every drop of green goodness from your leafy vegetables. Wait, did someone mention wheatgrass? That too is well handled by this juicer.
- It has a nutritional center with six nozzles to make pasta, grind coffee beans, baby food, almond, and soymilk, and for your all-natural smooth nut butter.
- It has a reasonably sized feeding tube that acts as a safety measure to prevent your hands from entering in the juicer during operation.
- As much as the feeding tube is sizeable, the ejection spout clogs if you do not chop up your ingredients.
This chrome and black mean machine from Omega looks like it is designed to one thing alone: to transform you into a healthier you.
We do not consume enough leafy vegetables, and we do not eat all the fruit servings we should on a daily basis. This is why juicing presents a better option for those who are keen on transforming their bodies.
Not every glass of fresh juice is equal, though. Only the kind that is made using the highest quality of juicers will give you all the benefits of juicing.
- It has a protective feeding chute that prevents you from inserting your hands as you feed the juicer your ingredients. The juicer is auto feed, which means you do not have to push the food down with a pusher or your hand. Once you place it inside the tube, the gears take over.
- At 80rpm, your juicer does not overheat or allow in oxygen. It ensures that your ingredients retain their nutritional value so that you get the best of the sensitive enzymes. If you've always wanted to make your want wheatgrass juice, now you can. Add a little kale goodness and enjoy life in a glass. The strainer is quite fine to keep away all the pulp, but you can always add it back if you like it a bit thick. The auger in this juicer is made of sturdy material for thorough extraction.
- It serves more functions that juicing. It has a homogenizer, which turns it into a machine for making baby food, soy milk, almond milk, and extruding pasta.
- The spout for juice ejection is too low, so you are limited to the type of container that you can use to collect it.
Most of us start juicing to reap the benefits of fruits and vegetables that we would otherwise neglect. If you are going to go to the trouble of juicing every day, you should get the most from your ingredients.
What if you can hardly afford to invest in the kind of juicer that will give you the highest quality output?
We all know that masticating juicers are quite high-end, but Omega VRT330 Dual-Stage Low-Speed Juicer solves the dilemma for those who are serious about getting into this habit but on a limited budget.
Note: This is a cold-press machine but at a lenient price.
- It is priced right to allow people who want enjoy the benefits of a masticating juicer but without the money to invest in the high-end kind.
- The motor rotates at 80rpm to ensure that you get the high quality of nutrients that you can only get when using this low-press technology.
- The motor is quiet, for your peace of mind and for those who live with you.
- It has a chute wide enough to allow you to place large chunks of produce in. It is however advised to chop them to make for easy pulp ejection.
- It has an auto-ejection spout for pulp so that you can keep juicing for up to 30 minutes uninterrupted.
- It has a vertical auger and so does not occupy too much space on the counter. The manufacturer gives you a 10-year unlimited warranty.
- It does it handle fibrous vegetables well. The ejection spout has a hard time ejecting the fiber.
When you set out to spend your hard-earned cash on the best juicer, there are a few things you should look into. Ensure that the juicer is the best there is for the money, that the manufacturer has a reasonable warranty period for it, and that you can actually afford it.
This juicer is one of the best of the masticating kind from Omega. As though to stamp authority on this fact, the company has given it the longest warranty period on parts and motor; 15 years.
- They have it in an elegant design with a chrome and black finish to upgrade your kitchen. Every kitchen needs beautiful appliances to set it apart from the rest. This Omega Chrome Masticating Juicer is your perfect example.
- It has six different nozzles for making your homemade pasta, smooth nut butter, almond milk, soymilk, and for grinding your coffee beans and spices. The auger is made of stainless steel to endure the crushing and grinding of different fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- It features a powerful motor, rotating at 80rpm for retention of all vital enzymes and vitamins. This motor does not heat at this slow pace, and so your juice retains its nutrients and flavors 72 hours after making. You can make large batches for storage because the auto-ejection option will allow it.
- It works well with both soft and hard vegetables. To ensure that the spout does not clog, chop your vegetables into reasonable sizes because the dry pulp may cause a stir if you put in whole leaves.
- It is quite pricey and takes up more space than the vertical kind.
The difference between juicers and blenders is primarily the outcome. A juicer gives you juice that is devoid of pulp, while blenders take in the whole fruit or vegetable.
Additionally, when you juice using a cold-press machine, your ingredients are subjected to minimal or no heat; hence the ingredients retain their nutritional value. All live enzymes and sensitive vitamins stay intact.
Omega VERT Slow Juicer (VSJ843QS) is one of its kind, squeezing all the juice in your produce without hurting their value and yielding highly while at it.
- This juicer makes your kitchen look beautiful with its futuristic design and beautiful exterior. Beyond all that, the 15-year warranty is quite impressive.
- It has an impressively low rotation rate, 43rpm, which is one of the lowest in all juicers. What does this rotation rate mean to you? Your juice will be subjected to microscopic heating and oxidation. The live enzymes that made you choose to juice will be retained. It also works well with leafy vegetables and wheatgrass, which favor low rotation rates.
- The auger in this model is improved to extract as much juice as possible from your vegetables and fruits.
- It weighs 24 pounds, which will keep your juicer grounded as you work. Light juicers wobble all over the surface.
- It is not auto-feed, so you have to push your food through using a pusher.
Centrifugal juicers; we know them for their speed. While it is true that they do not produce the same level of quality as their masticating counterparts, the serve a share of the market that wants to get into juicing but without the ability to make a substantial financial investment.
The Omega BMJ330 Commercial Juicer is a decent juicer that you can use on the commercial front; thanks to its capacity to make tons of juice in record time. This particular one comes with a 10-year unlimited warranty.
- Its motor consumes 350 watts of energy and rotates at 12,000rpm. This in itself is a very powerful juicer, cutting and slicing the ingredients in the shortest time possible. It can make up to 30 medium-sized glasses of juice in a minute.
- It has a large chute to save you prepping time. You do not need to chop your oranges and apples as it can take them whole.
- It has a large pulp collection tank with an enormous capacity to allow you to keep juicing without stopping to empty.
- The price is right when you are on a budget.
- The high-powered motor makes too much noise.
- Vital nutrients are lost in the heat that emanates from the machine owing to its speed of operation.
Omega renovates now and then to keep up with the market. The company listens to its clientele then retreats to come up with an even better version of their existing products. While we love their juicers, our first and second choices are Omega J8006 Nutrition Juicer and Omega VRT350 Single Auger Juicer for function and aesthetics. Yea, we like our kitchen looking a certain type of way even as we embark on healthier choices. We hope that this review makes your choice easier. Cheers to your health!