If you are planning to get yourself a blender, it only makes sense to get the best model from the best brand, right? If you’re going to spend a fair bit of money on the blender, you’d want to make sure that the product is worth it and that it can live up to its claims.
Unfortunately, that’s nowhere near easy, particularly if you’re choosing between Blendtec vs Vitamix. The brands have so many great models that picking the best one from online reviews can take you hours.
The good news is that you don’t have to go through all the hard work. We’ve narrowed down your choices so all you have to do now is pick the right blender from this list.
Below are the top models that stood out in our review:
1. Blendtec Total Blender, WildSide Jar
Why we love it: High-performance blender
Blendtec Total Blender, WildSide Jar really does have everything you need in a blender. It features a 1,560-watt motor and a 4-inch blade to efficiently power through whatever is inside it.
As a high-performance blender, it can help you create really delicious and healthy meals in no time at all.
Despite its power, you’ll love how easy it is to store. It’s small enough to fit your kitchen counter just beneath your cupboards. You can even store it below in your cabinets.
The blender comes assembled so you won’t have to worry about dealing with screws and loose parts. Once you take it out of the box, you simply need to add your ingredients, pick one option from its set of pre-programmed blend cycles and you’re good to go. The blender will speed up, slow down, and stop automatically, giving you more freedom to do other things in the kitchen. Seriously, it can save you a lot of time.
Take note, however, that the buttons aren’t labeled with text but with images instead. Despite that, you won’t have too many issues in figuring out what each button can do as the images are pretty simple.
When it comes to cleaning, you won’t have to feel dreadful about the task. Cleaning the Total Blender is easy and you should be done with it in a matter of seconds. Simply add a little bit of dish soap and water, blend, and then rinse. As for the control panel, you can just take a clean cloth and wipe the surface in case of any spill.
In terms of capacity, its BPA-free jar can hold about 3-quarts of mixture. It’s large enough for most blending jobs, including making soup for a family dinner party.
2. Blendtec Designer Series WildSide Blender Jar
Why we love it: Great for large-quantity ingredients
Blendtec Designer Series WildSide Blender Jar is truly a beauty. It features no buttons but gives you a touchscreen with a speed slider, a timer and different blend program settings.
When you turn it off, the screen goes black. Turn it on and you’ll bring up all the white lights showing all your options.
This feature isn’t just practical. It also makes a great time-saver since the buttons are flat and aren’t likely to catch food debris in between. Just a quick wipe with a clean cloth and you’ll get a clean base.
One of the best things about this Blendtec blender is its program settings. It has 6 different programs that are based on the most common blender uses. For example, you can just press the smoothie button and the blender will do the rest for you. It sets the right speed and time so you can enjoy the perfect smoothie after.
The blender comes with a large jar with a tight-fitting lid and pour spout. It’s extra strong but you won’t have a hard time carrying it around as it’s lightweight.
One downside of the product is the noise it creates while operating. In other words, it’s not the best blender to use if you’re planning on using it to make breakfast for the entire family. It will surely wake your little ones up.
Additionally, the blender is ideal for making large quantity recipes. If you’re intending to use it to make small batches of smoothies, ice creams, and other recipes, you may have a hard time justifying its purchase, particularly since it’s a bit expensive.
3. Blendtec Classic Fit Blender With FourSide Jar
Why we love it: Easy to use
If you are looking for the best Blendtec blender for someone who’s just starting out, Blendtec Classic Fit Blender with FourSide Jar might be the one for you. Despite its simplified controls, it offers almost the same powerful performance you can get from more expensive brands.
As mentioned, the blender comes with a simpler set of controls. It only has 4 buttons so you won’t get confused using the blender.
The first button is the 30-second timer. Pressing this button will start a 30-second blending process. If you need more time, you can press the second button which will add 10 more seconds to the existing processing time. The last two buttons are for the high and low pulse options. They are handy when you need to be extra precise with your recipe.
Now, to ensure that you are able to keep track of your total processing time, the blender has this illuminated LCD screen in front. No matter how many times you tap the +10 button, you won’t have to worry about getting confused or over blending your ingredients.
In terms of performance, the blender has enough power to process all sorts of ingredients. It has this 3-peak horsepower motor which enables it to efficiently process tough ingredients. You can crush ice, seeds and nuts and turn them into a really smooth mixture. You can even make hot soups with it. It’s something not a lot of blenders at the same price range can do.
1. Vitamix 7500 Low-Profile Blender
Why we love it: Features an internal cooling system
Vitamix 7500 Low-Profile Blender has a great performing 2.2 horsepower motor which is actually an upgrade from the brands older models that rely on 2 horsepower motors. Additionally, what makes this blender different is its better airflow and internal cooling system. It doesn’t just prevent overheating but it also helps reduce noise.
Apart from the sleek and more modern design, the blender has a wide but low profile container. It allows for easy storage whether it’s under a cabinet or on your kitchen countertop.
The blender also features a wider base which houses a 4-inch blade. It’s a bit longer than the usual 3-inch blades you’ll get from Vitamix’s older models. The extra inch of the blade enables it to work better with thicker recipes.
Vitamix 7500 comes with this 64-oz jar which is big enough for creating large servings of recipes. Additionally, you’ll also get 3 more containers, including a 32-oz dry grains container. And for thicker recipes, it has this tamper which you can use in removing air pockets and pushing ingredients down towards the blade.
The blender has a 10-speed variable control dial. It’s big enough for your hands and easy to turn. While there are no preset blending options, there’s a pulse function you can use in food preparation and cleaning the blender. On the right side of the dial, you’ll find the on/off switch.
2. Vitamix 5200 Blender
Why we love it: Durable
If you are really serious about eating healthy, Vitamix 5200 Blender is one blender you shouldn’t miss. While it isn’t a new release, this model offers exceptional quality and durability.
Its 2 horsepower motor which is equal to 1,500 watts produces a lot of power to blend almost any ingredients you put inside it. Additionally, it has a ball bearing design which lessens friction and makes the blender a lot more efficient. All of the motor parts are made of metal which means that they are extra durable.
One impressive feature of this blender is its advanced cooling system. This system is able to cool the motor even when in use. If it overheats, the system will automatically shut off to prevent the motor from burning up.
The blender has 10 variable speed options and toggle switches that are really easy to operate.
As for the container, it’s a bit tall at 20 inches. Because of its size, you may have issues fitting it inside your kitchen cabinet, particularly if it’s average in size.
The container is made of copolyester which is impact-resistant. It’s BPA-free for your safety as well.
Operating Vitamix 5200 is easy. You simply attach the container to its base, place all your ingredients inside, put the lid, and switch the blender on. You have the option to add water even while it’s running. Liquid won’t spill out so you won’t have to worry about dealing with a lot of mess after blending.
3. Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender
Why we love it: Great design.
Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender is more than just a blender. It’s a compact machine that comes with 5 pre-programmed settings. It’s great for making smoothies, frozen desserts and even hot soups.
Unlike the older Vitamix blenders, this model puts more emphasis on aesthetics. And honestly, it does look great.
Despite the compact design, however, the blender is a bit heavy which makes transferring from one spot to another tricky. The good thing is that its power cable is a bit long, providing you with a lot of flexibility.
The blender has the familiar toggle switches and dial you’ll find in most of the brand’s models. The controls are concise and clear. On one side of the dial, you’ll find the 10-variable speed setting while the programs are located on the other. The switch at the left side of the dial is for the pulse settings while at the right is the blender’s on/off switch.
The blender’s jar sits well on the top of the centering pad. You won’t have to twist or lock it in place just to make it work. Inside, you’ll find 4 laser-cut blades that are made of stainless steel.
Blendtec vs Vitamix: The Face-Off
Check out the list of pros and cons below that’ll help you come up with a decision.
- Blendtec is strong. This is because most of its models that share the number of their horsepower are rated around 3-peak horsepower. That is a lot of power for most blending tasks.
- It comes with pre-programmed buttons. There’s no need for you to guess how long and at what speed you need to process your recipe. Additionally, pre-programmed buttons let you attend to and finish your other tasks in the kitchen.
- It has a long warranty. Generally speaking, most Blendtec models come with years of warranty.
- It’s easy to store. Most models have a compact design that fits well under cabinets.
- It doesn’t need a tamper. Blendtec designs their blender with the capacity to create really powerful swirls to suck the ingredients toward the blade. This eliminates the need to use a tamper, particularly with thicker recipes.
- Blendtec’s container is a bit wider. This enables one to perform detail cleaning a lot easier. You won’t have to hurt your hand or put your fingers at risk of getting cut just to perform a more detailed cleaning.
- Blendtec blenders are typically loud. There are models that are too loud that you’ll have to place a silicone mat under them just to control the noise.
- While Blendtec blenders are designed to not require a tamper, having one can make a huge difference in your blending process. This is particularly true with thicker soups and recipes where air pockets are common.
- Vitamix blenders feature a spill-proof lid. They are great when you’re always on the go or when you simply want to take your drink or smoothie to work or to the gym.
- It comes with a tamper. The tool helps a lot when it comes to achieving a smoother mixture.
- Vitamix blenders have a more stable base. It prevents the blender from moving around too much when processing ingredients.
- Vitamix has 4 sharp and strong blades which are able to spin as fast as 39,000 rpm. The blades create a powerful swirl that can suck ingredients toward the blades and process them into tiny pieces.
- It is self-cleaning. With a bit of dish soap and water, you can turn on the blender to do a 30-second cleaning cycle. It should be enough to get rid of the remaining ingredients inside. For hardened food debris, however, you may need to manually clean the unit.
- Because the company is confident about the durability of its blenders, it offers generous warranties. Some units have warranties that last up to 7 years. For units with shorter warranties, you always have the option of purchasing an extended warranty. If you are planning to do that, ensure that you do it during the original warranty.
- It’s relatively loud. This is mainly due to the high-speed motors the blender use.
- Vitamix does come with a tamper because it needs one to achieve a smooth consistency. You need to push the bigger chunks of ingredients onto the blades so you can get everything processed well.
Still can’t decide between Blendtec Vs Vitamix?
Well, here’s the thing:
Both of these brands are great and their blenders have their own pros and cons. You just need to really think deep about your reason for getting a blender and you’ll be able to come up with a decision.
For example, if you are looking for a blender you can rely on for tough blending jobs, go with Blendtec Total Blender. It has enough power to process almost any ingredients and it has pre-programmed cycles which enables you to do other things in the kitchen while it’s processing your recipe.
Now, if you are looking for a unit you can rely on for a longer time, choose Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender. Apart from the great design, it also has pre-programmed settings and an internal cooling system that can reduce noise and overheating.
No matter which you choose, however, you won’t have a hard time when it comes to cleaning. Both brands have an auto-cleaning feature. The trick is to make sure you clean up right after each use to prevent food debris and leftover ingredients from sticking to the blades. If that happens, you may need to manually scrape the debris to prevent it from damaging your blades and reducing their efficiency.