Citrus juice, with its tangy and unique taste, has a way of awakening the taste buds to prepare them for the day ahead. That aside, it has a load of nutrients that you would otherwise not incorporate in your daily diet regimen. Why do most of us prefer juicing as opposed to eating the wholesome fruit? The simple answer would be that juicing allows you to ingest all the nutrients and beneficial enzymes in one sitting. Juices are also easy to make and fun to drink.
The market these days is flooded with brands of kitchen appliances. It is quite hard to choose what would work best for you, especially if you are only getting started. In this review, we look at some of the best citrus juicers for the money.
Electric Citrus Juicers Reviews
1. Breville 800CPXL Juicer
If you like waking up to some lovely orange juice, then Breville 800CPXL juicer will become your most treasured kitchen gadget. It is easy to use and even simpler to clean. It is also sized right to fit on your kitchen counter.
Exciting Features of Breville 800CPXL
- Easy to clean – This orange juicer has a simple design with minimal parts to clean. You only need to have a brush close-by to remove the pulp from the strainer and that is it for cleaning. You do not need to soak it in water. The parts are all dishwasher friendly too.
- Beautiful design – Every kitchen needs a Breville 800CPXL for their counter top. The exterior is so elegant that it gives your kitchen an instant upgrade.
- Power and performance – With its 110v, this juicer will press your oranges and extract all the juice in under a minute. I like the fact that you do not have to push the lever down hard to have the juice extracted. Can you use it for other fruits? Yes, you can use it on all your citrus fruits: mandarins, grapefruit, limes, and lemons.
- Nutrient value – The cold-press aspect of this orange juicer ensures that your juice retains all the nutrients found in your fruits. No nutrient or enzyme is lost.
- Size matters – This Breville orange juicer measures 14in.x 17in.x10 in, and so it fits easily at any place.
This part can be improved
The juicer does not handle large grapefruits very well. The cone is designed for the regular sized ones. I have to squeeze the juice out manually after the juicer is done squeezing the grapefruit.
2. Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Citrus Juicer
Do you wish you could make some citrus fruit juice in the morning to wake your taste buds without rousing the entire household? Then epic Epica is the juicer that you need in your house. This cold-press machine works in incredible silence. The only sound you hear is the wheeze of a powerful motor turning your fruits into juice.
Features and benefits of this juicer
- Noiseless Operation – If you have neighbors and your walls are thin; you want to keep your operations quite. This juicer does just that. The 70-watt motor is powerful enough to extract over 10 oz of fruit juice in under a minute but still keeps it quiet, whispery.
- Simple but Elegant Design – Epica juicer gives you kitchen counter an instant upgrade. It not only looks on the outside, but the three parts (cone, strainer, and the pulp tank) are a 30-second rinse. It is also as easy to operate as they come. The size (8 x 8 x 11 inches) allows you to place it prominently on your counter or to store it without displacing your other kitchen items.
- Cold-press – This machine is cold-press, so you do not lose nutrients during the juicing process. Also, since there is minimal oxidation, your juice stays fresh for longer.
- The ream is large enough to allow you to juice large grapefruits. Note that you can use this juicer on any citrus fruit you lay your hands on. The operation is a no-brainer as all you have to do is place your sliced fruit on the ream and press gently.
Things that could be improved
It splashes a bit of juice when you are pressing the fruit on the reamer, but not too much.
3. Tribest Citristar Citrus Juicer
Tribest CitriStar Citrus juicer is built to not only last but also to impress with its elegance. It works in a whispery operation that will allow you to juice as they sleep. The manufacturer gives a year’s warranty, so you are covered for that period.
Beneficial features of the Tribest CitriStar Citrus Juicer
- Powerful operation – The 50-watt motor not only juices your citrus fruits to a pulp; it also squeezes the last drop out of them. In the true cold-press mode, the juicer ensures that your juice retains all the enzymes and nutrients that you would have had if you took the fruit whole.
- Simple design – The design of Tribest Citristar Juicer is easy enough to be operated by anyone, even one who has never used one before. It only has three parts that need washing, so the assembly and clean-up take less than two minutes. Your juice flows directly into the glass or collecting tank so that you do not have to stop the process once you start.
- An adjustable ream – The juicer can accommodate a smaller ream for your limes and a bigger ream for grapefruits. Its spout is made of stainless steel, so you have no need to worry about rust. Its design gives it a unique feature. The top part is curved to catch any splashes when you juice.
Things that could be improved
You have to buy the bigger ream separately as it only comes with the regular-sized one.
4. Cuisinart CCJ-500 Citrus Juicer
Cuisinart CCJ-500 is built for longevity. It is the kind that can juice several bags of citrus fruits in a day without showing sign so exhaustion. For those who juice every day, this orange juicer will give you good value for your money.
Features of the Cuisinart CCJ-500
- Size and Weight – This juicer is lighter than it looks. At 4 pounds and 6.8 x 7.9 x 12.2 inches, you can store it in your drawers without needing to create extra space.
- Easy to clean – This juicer has very few parts that need cleaning: the strainer, the top part that contains the cone, and the juice catcher. You can opt to rinse the, up by hand or throw them in the dishwasher. Hand wash takes less than a minute.
- Motor Power – It has just the right motor power to get your citrus fruits done. The motor utilizes 50 watts of energy, but that is all you need to juice one orange minute. You can use this juicer on your limes, lemons, grapefruits, and oranges because the size of the ream accommodates any size of citrus fruit. The spout, made of stainless steel directs all your juice into the glass as you squeeze it.
Things that could be improved
The pulp tank could be bigger. The one you have on this juicer fills up too soon so that you have to halt operation and empty it before proceeding.
5. Eurolux Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Juicer
Eurolux citrus juicer does not take too much space off your counter top. Its design is elegant, and so you may want to display it on your kitchen counter for esthetics.
The motor size is powerful to fire up a decent pile of citrus fruits within a minute. And, don’t you just hate how juice splashes all over your surfaces sometimes when you use a juicer with a powerful motor? The design on this juicer prevents your juice from splashing.
Features of Eurolux Stainless-steel Motorized Citrus Juicer
- Takes up little space – At 12.2 x 8 x 9.5 inches and 4 pounds in weight, this juicer can be kept anywhere in the kitchen. You do not need to find extra storage space for it. Besides, its beautiful design and durable yet attractive exterior makes it the sort of kitchen appliance that you want to keep on display.
- Easy to use – This juicer does not need a manual to operate. You only need to place your sliced fruit on the cone and press gently. It requires only a little press as the motor does the rest. Cleanup is just as easy. Due to the minimal parts of the Eurolux Stainless-steel Motorized Citrus Juicer, you only need a minute to take it apart and rinse the parts. A little gentle scrub using a soft brush will have your strainer ready to go for the next round of use.
- Powerful motor – If you are squeezed for time, you can make enough juice to last you the day in under two minutes. The 160-watt motor presses and releases the juice from your fruits fast and efficiently without causing any oxidation. Your juice retains all its nutrients and keeps in the fridge for the day.
Things that could be improved
The distance between the spout and the working surface is quite limiting, and so you can only place a smaller collecting jar such as your regular glass.
Manual Citrus Juicers Reviews
Manual orange juicers do not require much, just your favorite citrus fruits and some energy to press. They help you ensure that your healthy habits do not change even when you take a break for the woods. Some of the best manual citrus fruit juicers on the market include:
1. Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Citrus Juicer
As is expected of manual juicers, Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Citrus Juicer is not noisy. You could place your sliced fruit, press, and hold a conversation without getting distracted by the noise as would be the case in electric juicers. It requires a little energy but not too much that people with mild arthritis would have a hard time using it.
Pros of the Hamilton Beach Commercial Citrus Juicer
- Easy storage – This juicer measures 11 x 9.3 x 22 inches and so you can easily store it in your kitchen drawer without needing to create extra space for it. As for the weight, you may want to have a prominent place for it on your kitchen counter to avoid hauling 11 pounds around every time you want to make some orange juice.
- Efficient at Squeezing – It extracts the last drop of juice from your fruits with it 2000 lbs extraction power per push. That is quite a lot of weight on one fruit. It works well with all your citrus fruits, not just oranges.
- Heavy Duty – It is made of heavy-duty material to make it last a very long time. The heavy steel does not break or succumb to rust, so you are going to have it around for a good while. The manufacturer throws in a one-year warranty, so you are covered for that long.
- Easy clean-up – With only minimal parts to remove (strainer cone, funnel, and juice cup) this juicer is quite easy to clean. You can opt to give the parts a quick rinse in the sink or to throw them in the dishwasher.
Cons of the Hamilton Beach Commercial Citrus Juicer
The juicer is too small for large grapefruits. It would squeeze them, but not as efficiently as it does lemons and small oranges.
2. Jupiter Commercial Juice Press
At 8.5 x 7 x 15 inches and 16 pounds of weight, the Jupiter Commercial Juice Press is your ideal heavy-duty juicer. It is built for endurance with some of the strongest material. It also requires a permanent place in the kitchen as it would not be practical to shuffle that weigh around every time you make your citrus juice.
Pros of Jupiter Commercial Juice Press
- Durability – The material on this juicer (stainless steel and iron cast) makes it one of them most durable on the market.
- Impressive press – At 2,300 PSI (press per SQ inch), you can make juice for the entire family in minutes. The lever is quite easy to operate and only requires gentle push.
- A Large size of cone – The cone on this juicer is large enough to accommodate any size of citrus fruit, so you can make your orange juice, grapefruits juice, squeeze your lemon, and limes.
- Easy Clean-up – The only removable parts that need cleaning are the cone and the funnel. Their removal is drama-free and so is the clean up.
Cons of the Jupiter Commercial Juice Press
It is quite heavy (16 pounds no less), so if you cannot find a permanent place for it in your kitchen, you could have a difficult time.
3. Star Foodservice Citrus Juicer
With stainless steel and cast iron as the base material, this commercial grade citrus juicer is built for longevity. It bears broad base that gives it sufficient stability when placed on any surface. It also has a sturdy handle that can stand heavy pressing.
Benefits of the Star Foodservice Citrus Juicer
- It has a sturdy handle that can stand 2300 psi. The rubber is rubber-coated to protect your hand from getting hurt when you press down with all your might. The psi also helps you make juice for the entire family in the least time possible. You could squeeze an orange in only 10 seconds or less depending on how fast you work. The citrus juice would also be in its most natural state, given that your juicer does not heat up to alter the nutrient composition.
- The parts of this juicer are easy to detach and clean. The funnel and cone do not require a lot from you, just enough warm water, soap, and a brush to remove any stuck pulp. Alternatively, you can throw them in the dishwasher.
Cons of the Star Foodservice Citrus Juicer
At 9 x 7 x 23 inches and 13 pounds, this juicer does require enough storage space. If your kitchen counter is not big enough, you may have a hard time moving it around.
4. J&W Citrus Fruit Juicer
This beautifully designed juicer is small and certainly appealing to anyone with limited storage space.
Features of the J&W Citrus Fruit Juicer
- Size – This juicer is compact, just what you need for your small kitchen (5.6 x 5.4 x 5.3 inches). Due to its size, the detachable parts are only three, (the pitcher, cone, and the strainer). They are easy to remove and assemble. Clean-up is exceptionally easy as all the parts are dishwasher friendly.
- The size of the strainer ensures that no pulp gets through into your juice. Besides, your juice flows into a pitcher for easy refrigeration and fewer items to clean.
- You get to control how much reaming you do to prevent bitter-tasting juice.
Flaws but not deal breakers
- The size of the pitcher is limiting especially when you want to make a lot of juice.
- Material-It is made of plastic, which is less durable than cast iron.
5. Chef’N Citrus Orange Juicer
This unconventional squeezer is brightly colored to cheer your kitchen up. Its dual-gear mechanism allows it to produce decent amounts of citrus juice per minute. Looks are deceptive, and you may underestimate its capacity from looking at it.
Pros of Chef’n Citrus Orange Juicer
- The dual-gear mechanism is advanced technology that enables you to extract more from juice your fruits. For this reason, its yield is quite high.
- The parts are not only easy to hand wash, but they are also top-rack dishwasher friendly.
- Store anywhere – At 4 x 5 x 15 inches and a weight of 11pounds, you can place it on the kitchen counter and in the dish rack.
Cons of the Chef’n Citrus Orange Juicer
It takes quite some energy to go through a pile of fruits.
Commercial Citrus Juicer Reviews
1. Vevor Commercial Squeezer Machine
If you need a commercial orange juicer that makes large batches citrus juice at once, the Vevor Commercial Orange Squeezer Machine is the ideal machine for you. It produces up to seven glasses of juice per minute using a powerful motor. This device is ideal for juice bars or food trucks that sell freshly squeezed juice to go with the food. The manufacturer gives you a two-year warranty on all parts.
Features of this Commercial-Grade Juicer
- It comes with two collection tanks to ensure a smooth operation. With a huge pulp collection tank, you can keep juicing without the need to halt and empty it. Its design prevents spillage and annoying splashes sine it is fully covered.
- High Yield – With this juicer, you can produce up to seven glasses of juice in a minute. It squeezes 20 to 22 fruits in a minute. Its 120-watts motor ensures that you have the highest quality of citrus juice in just minutes to serve your juice-bar customers continually. Since the resulting juice is not subjected to heat, you retain all the nutrients in the ingredients and serve your clients only the healthiest citrus juice.
- Durable material – It is made of steel to withstand the constant use in the commercial sector. Throw in a 2-year warranty, and you have yourself a great deal.
- Its parts are detachable and dishwasher friendly.
Cons of the Electric Juicer
- The fact that it is a commercial juicer gives it the right to be bulky, but at 97 pounds and 34.6 x 19.7 x 19.3 inches, you may need a strong pair of hands to help you move it from one place to another. You also require sufficient storage space.
- It has complex parts that do not make for easy assembly. It would also be a nag to clean by hand. Thankfully, the parts are dishwasher friendly.
Final Thoughts and Recommendation
I have owned several juicers in my life, both for my personal use and for commercial purposes. Vevor Commercial Orange Juicer remains my all time favorite commercial orange juicer for its ability to produce the most juice in the least time. I have had it since one of my restaurants opened 4 years ago and this machine shows no sign of surrender. I have also owned Tribest CitriStar Citrus Juicer and Jupiter Commercial Juice Press and I cannot complain.
The most important aspect of any juicer is its ability to serve you for long (to show you value for the money) and to produce the highest quality of citrus juice. Raising a glass (of grape juice) to your health.