Are you looking to invest in a commercial juicer for your juice bar? Here are the best on the market.
If you own a food joint that sells freshly squeeze juice or a juice bar that just deals in juicing, an important investment would be a commercial juicer that will return its value.
I have been in the juicing industry for years now (ten years on my own and grew up selling juice with my parents at our restaurants). I have only owned five juicers, and that was in line with expansion. I have not bought more than one commercial juicer for each of my three juice joints. Why is that? I learned from my parents’ experience what a good juicer entails.
Here is my checklist for a commercial juicer
- The output per minute - You want to maximize your production and so one that yields highly per minute is the only way to go.
- Durable - This is no brainer. You want an investment that will grow with your business and withstand the daily usage. You want a machine that will not give up after a few attempts.
- Reasonable warranty - Go for a juicer with a good warranty period to keep you covered for long, as it is quite costly to replace the parts or have it repaired.
Over the years, I have found these brands below to fit the bill perfectly;
The XtremepowerUS Squeezer Machine is imposing, as you would expect of a juicer that squeezes 22-30 oranges at a go. It is made of the material that will go the long haul from the time your business kicks off to break-even and forth.
Safety settings to keep the user safe even when they have not used it before. It coincidently comes in orange.
Features to look out for
- Output - One of the most important properties of this juicer that sets it aside from the rest is its ability to squeeze lots of oranges (22-30 precisely) in one minute. You only need to load it with those many oranges and watch it in action. The yield is impressive too. In that one squeeze, you get 20 units of juice (enough to serve up to 20 clients).
- Cold-press - Your customers want the highest quality of juice, or they would have gone for the carton juices. For this factor, you have to give them the best value for their money. This juicer does not heat up, and so the juice retains 100 percent of the nutrients and enzymes found in the citrus fruits that you juice. You can also make large batches and keep them in the fridge for up to 72 hours without compromising on the quality.
- Safety first - This juicer requires that you close the lid for it to work. If the lid is left open, it automatically shuts down. This ensures the safety of the person working it and minimizes the chances of splashes that would be inevitable at its motor power.
Flaws of This Great Juicer
This commercial juicer is quite heavy (which you would expect of a juicer made purely of stainless steel). It weighs 75 pounds and measures 25 x 18 x 16 inches, so it needs a permanent, sturdy counter.
This juicer only works with citrus fruits, which is limiting when you want to offer your clients more than orange and lime juice.
If you have many citrus juice customers, this juicer will do great. Alternatively, you could have it for citrus fruits and get a different brand for your vegetables and other fruits. With its durable material, 2-year warranty, and user-friendliness, this juicer is a good buy for your commercial venture.
The Waring Commercial JE2000 juicer not only performs highly, but it also features a beautiful design. It is made of durable material and its parts are available countrywide for when you need a change.
It has a powerful motor that rotates at 16,000 rpm. With its automatic pulp ejection system, you can be sure of uninterrupted juicing. Its detachable parts are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Features of Waring Commercial Juicer
- Motor power - It is powered by a 120-v that rotates at 16,000 rpm for optimal output in the shortest time. For commercial purposes, this serves the purpose, as your goal is to produce enough juice to serve your clientele and reduce waiting time.
- Durable material for the body and the parts - This juicer is made of stainless steel in its heaviest form. It is the ideal investment that will not only start your business off on a high note, but that will also serve you for the rest of its useful life. The manufacturer also gives you a year’s warranty.
- Easy storage - At 7.5 x 7.5 x 17 inches, it is much smaller than your average commercial juicer. You can also handle its weight of 15 pounds with ease. I find it easy to work with even on the home front.
- Easy to clean - The parts are detachable and easy to clean, as they are not too big. You can pop the in the top rack of the dishwasher and sit back. It has a wide chute that saves you prep time. The pulp auto-reject mode makes it possible to stay on the juicing without having to stop to empty. If you face the pulp spout to a waste bin, you can keep going for as long as your fruits and vegetable last.
- It works well with both vegetables and fruits, and the yield is decent.
Flaws of this commercial juicer
While the speed per minute is impressive especially in a business setup, it may compromise the quality of the juice. The juice would heat however minimally and lead to the loss of some nutrients.
It only has a year worth of warranty.
This juicer requires minimal storage space, which is not always the case for commercial sets. It will last you long and makes enough juice in one minute to satiate a small army of thirsty customers. Is it worth the investment? Yes, for a business that turns large volumes per day, it is worth it.
The Nutrifast N450 Commercial Juicer features a powerful 220-V motor that enables you to produce high volumes of fresh juice in limited time. Unlike most commercial juicers that are quite noisy, this juicer works in incredible speed and quiet efficiency.
It is made of lasting heavy-duty material. Its chute is quite wide to reduce prep time and help you work faster. It works well with vegetables as well as fruits.
More features of Nutrifaster Commercial Juicer
- Wide Chute - In a commercial setting, you need to work faster, and anything that will help you work efficiently is welcome. The 2.5-inch chute on this juicer reduces the amount of chopping for your juicing as it will accommodate coarsely chopped ingredients.
- Motor power - 110 volts of power enable you to juice at a pace that will keep your customers happy. 3,450 RPM is the rotation speed of this motor, which is not high enough to compromise the quality of the juice. Your output will not only be high per minute, but it will also contain all the nutrients in your ingredients.
- Beautiful design and durable material - The juicer is not only designed beautifully, but it is also built of durable material. Stainless steel makes it heavy (72 pounds) and it would be ideal to create a permanent place for it on your counter.
- It automatically ejects pulp so that you can keep juicing with no interruptions.
Things that could be improved
With its powerful shredder blade, it is not the most noiseless machine I have had. You can expect some minor breaks in conversation as you juice. However, the pace at which it works and the quality of juice it produces more than makes up for the noise.
The Nutrifaster Commercial Juicer is undoubtedly one of the best commercial juicers there is in the market. It is a bit pricey, but what good investment isn’t? I have had it for over six years, and I have only had to invoke the warranty once. Is it a worthy investment? Absolutely!
Only a few models of juicers can handle wheatgrass with the efficiency of the Samson Commercial Wheatgrass Juicer SB0850. It is made of steel, with a wide chute to feed your wheatgrass.
It yields higher than most juicers. You can use it for all edible grasses, leafy green, roots, and herbs. The manufacturer gives you a year’s warranty on all part and the body.
It measures 16.5x13.5x13.5 inches and weighs 30 pounds, so you would be better off assigning it a permanent place instead of having to haul it around.
Features that make up this juicer
- Durable material - It is made of stainless steel. This heavy-duty material has you covered for a long time.
- Motor power - It features a 120-V motor that rotates at 70 RPM. With this pace, your juicer produces enough juice per minute, but still keeps the heat low enough to protect the nutrients. The enzymes and nutrients in wheatgrass are very sensitive to heat, which is why only a handful of juicers can handle grasses with grace. With this juicer, your wheatgrass juice will have all the nutritional value of this precious grass.
- Easy to clean - The parts of this juicer are not complicated, and you will find the assembly, disassembly, and clean up quite fast. You can opt between hand washing the parts or using the dishwasher.
Tip: If you plan to hand wash them, it would be prudent to do that as soon as you are done juicing.
Downside of Samson Super Commercial Wheatgrass Juice Extractor
As the name suggests, it is a wheatgrass extractor. It will not work well with fruits, but it does a great job with herbs and leafy greens.
This machine does very well with wheatgrass. The speed at which the motor rotates does not compromise the integrity of your juice. For the love of wheatgrass, this investment is a worth it.
The Breville 800JEXL features a 1000-W motor that has two-speed controls for high and low juicing.
This makes it ideal for both fruits (that could use a higher RPM) and vegetables that require lower speed to retain the nutrients in them.
It has a wide chute and a sizeable pulp container for pulp collection. The parts are detachable and dishwasher safe.
Beneficial Features of the Breville Fountain Elite Juice Extractor
- Wide chute - The 3-inch chute enables you to throw in huge chunks of fruits and vegetables.
- Motor Power - Its motor makes it ideal for large batches of juice. 1000-watts rotate the motor at either 13,000 or 6,500 RPM. At this speed, you can make both fruit juice and green juice, as a lower rotation speed will favor green leafy vegetables. At lower speed, you also retain the nutritional value of your ingredients.
- Durable material - This juicer is made of die-cast steel and stainless steel. This material is for longevity and frequent use.
- Due to its motor power, there is the risk of overheating. When the internal workings of the machine sense that it is overheated, it automatically shuts down.
Cons of Breville Fountain Elite Juice Extractor
The rotation speed of the motor may allow small amounts of heat that could compromise the nutritional value of your juice.
If you are looking to start a business that will require you to produce copious amounts of juice in the shortest time possible. This juicer is your ideal investment. It works well with vegetables and fruits to maximize your returns.
These five machines represent the best on the market. I use three of them in my restaurants, so I speak from firsthand experience. Commercial juicers do not have to be the heaviest, but they do have to be efficient regarding output-per-minute without compromising the quality of the juice.
My best commercial juicer of the five is the Nutrifaster Commercial Juicer. It balances my speed requirement with high-quality output. I have had it for long, and it still serves as it did when I first bought it. It has given me good value for my money.