In a market flooded with product, we look at some of the best twin-gear juicers and the features that make them stand out.
When we decided to do a comprehensive review on twin-gear juicers (also known as triturating juicers), we decided to comb the web for unbiased customer reviews. We started with a list of over 30 models but narrowed it down to these five for their properties and value for money.
Twin gear juicers have one of the qualities that their single-auger counterparts lack: the ability to shred celery stalks into tiny manageable pieces. You may not believe it, but those stalks have their nutritional benefit. The two augers also extract as much juice as they can from your fruits and vegetables, leaving you with pulp drier than a bone (figuratively speaking, of course).
So, if you plan to buy a juicer, look no further than this comprehensive review that lists five of the best twin-gear juicers on the market.
Twin Gear Masticating Juicer Reviews
1. Super Angel Twin Gear Juicer-5500
There are few juicers on the market that work exceptionally with leafy greens and wheatgrass. The Super Angel brand is one of them. It has a beautifully built exterior that is made of steel for durability.
The design is unique and looks good too if you like beautiful things adorning your kitchen counter. It is heavy duty, bears a high-powered motor, and is cold-press.
With its performance, it is the ideal juicer for making healthy options for the entire family.
Beneficial Features of Super Angel Twin Gear Juicer
- Heavy Duty – It is made of heavy stainless steel that will last a very long time, and not just for the exterior, but all the parts too.
- Easy to clean – This part of juicing is also the most dreaded by most. No one likes to clean a juicer that needs too much attention. This juicer has detachable parts that you can hand either wash or throw in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- The power of a dual Gear – Super Angel 5500 is dual-geared so that you can use it in your fruits as well as your leafy greens. Even better news for those who like some little flavor; it does well with wheatgrass. The gear rotates at the ideal rate of 86 RPM, which is ideal for keeping all the nutrients in your ingredients intact. It does not subject the enzymes to heat or waste because there is no oxidation. Your juice is not only wholesome; it also stays fresh in the fridge for longer.
- Multi-use – While not juicing, you can use this juicer for other things. Make your healthier alternative butter, soy and almond milk and save a ton from the packaged ones.
The Flaws of Super Angel Twin Gear Juicer – 5500
The size is a detriment if you have limited space in your kitchen. 21.7×14.5×10.1in and 26 pounds deserve a place of prominence, as it would be impractical to haul all that around every time you want to use the juicer.
What do we think?
This juicer is ideal for those who make large batches of juice at a go. If you live alone or only make juice for one, a smaller model would do better. It has a 10-year warranty on parts and motor (excluding those parts that wear and tear fast). With this period of warranty and the qualities, this juicer is worth every dime.
2. Tribest Green Star Twin Gear Cold Press Juicer
With its dual-purpose property, you can use the Tribest Green Star Twin Gear juicer for meal preparation, juicing most fruits, vegetables, and herbs, and enjoy 100% nutrient value from your ingredients.
It is cold-press, so the ingredients are not subject to any heat and your meals and juices stay fresher for longer.
Beneficial Properties of this juicer
- Powerful motor – The motor is 110-watt to extract the most juice from your fruits and vegetables. With double auger system, this juicer will extract juice to the last drop to leave your pulp dry. The juicer has an automatic pulp ejection system to ensure that the process of juicing does not stop for waste removal.
- Dual Purpose – You can use this juicer to make breadsticks, baby food, healthy nut butter, crush your almonds for almond milk, and even pasta (but you would have to buy the pasta set separately). When you buy this juicer, you save the cost of acquiring a food processor.
- Durable material – This juicer is built to last, and the parts can stand daily usage. If you are the kind that makes juice or butter on a large scale, this stainless steel made juicer will stand the daily activity quite well.
Flaws But Not Dealbreakers
The weight if this machine discourages you to move it from one point to the other. It would be ideal if you chose one place for it than having to remove it from storage every time you need to use it.
If you want to save money and space, buy an appliance that serves more than one purpose. This juicer does your baby food, makes you healthy butter, and extracts juice from a variety of ingredients all in one. The manufacturer gives a 12-year warranty on the parts and motor because they are confident in the quality of their product. This durable juicer is a worthy investment.
3. Green Power Twin Gear Juicer
For the juicers who wish they could wake up to some super nutrients first thing before the sun comes up, the Green Power Twin Gear juicer is for you.
It has the motor power to produce large batches of juice in incredible silence. The only sound it produces is a hiss that will not awake your irritable neighbor.
Features you will like in Green Power Juicer
- Noiseless operation – If you like the peace that mornings present, you may not want to ruin that with a noisy juicer. This machine works in a quiet hiss so that you can keep talking without minding the interruption.
- Double gear – Save the time that it would usually take to chop your celery and other stalky vegetables. The double-gear property on this juicer ensures that all stalks are cut into manageable pieces that will then be crushed to extract every drop of juice.
- Powerful motor and cold-press quality – It has an 110-watt motor that rotates slowly to do a great job for your vegetables and wheatgrass. It is also excellent with fruits and ginger roots.
- Warranty – The manufacturer, Samson Brands, throws in a handsome 10-year warranty on the motor and five years for the other operational parts.
As with most juicers in its class, this classy juicer is quite bulky (20 pounds). I do not suppose you would want to haul that around each time you use it. If you could allocate it a permanent place in your kitchen, you could have an easy time with it. Additionally, assembly is quite hectic on the first days.
Verdict: Is It A Worthy Investment?
This juicer is going to last you a long time; that is guaranteed. For this review, we sought reviews from several users, some of whom have had it for over five years. It produces enough juice for the entire family at once and retains all the nutrients from your ingredients, thanks to its cold-press operation. It is dual purpose too, so you get two machines for the price of one. This juicer is worth the cost.
4. Tribest Green Star Twin Gear Juicer
The Tribest Greenstar Twin Gear juicer is made for long life and efficient juicing. Its 110-watt motor that powers the two augers for efficient juicing also enables it to work fast.
It can produce at least 16 ounces of juice in only a minute or less. The augers ensure that all the juice is extracted, hence no waste. It is purely made of stainless steel to keep it around for long.
Beneficial Features of Tribest
- Minimal Noise – Electric juicers are notorious noisemakers but not Tribest Green Star. It works efficiently while producing the lowest noise possible. Your juicing does not have to wake the entire household.
- This machine produces minimal heat during the process to ensure that your juice retains all the essential nutrients that are in your fruits and vegetables. Due to this reduction in oxidation, you can make enough juice to refrigerate for as long as 72 hours.
- Dual Purpose – This juicer doubles up as a food processor. It comes with sets for milling baby food, nut butter, grinding coffee beans, making bread, and homemade pasta. You save money and make healthier choices for you and your family. The size of the chute allows you to throw in large chunks of ingredients.
Cons of the Tribest Green Star Twin Gear Juicer
The strainer is quite fine-holed (which is great because it sieves all the pulp), but the only issue here is that the size of the holes causes the juicer to clog. The bulk of this juicer (24 pounds) would be a problem too if you have no much space in your kitchen.
Is it worth the investment?
If you make sizeable batches of juice, whether daily or at a go, this would be the ideal machine for you. The dual-purpose and dual engine parts give it an edge over other juicers, as you will be getting two kitchen devices for the price of one. Tribest is a reliable brand. The warranty you ask? Five years. It is easy to assemble, clean (both hand wash and dishwasher), and disassemble. Is it a wise investment? Absolutely.
5. Omega Juicers Twin Gear Masticating Juicer
Omega has cut a niche for itself as a manufacturer of state-of-the-art juicers. Their products have stood the test of time.
This juicer features a wide chute, a sturdy exterior that is made of durable material, a twin-gear to cut into your vegetables and thick roots, and a nozzle for multi-functioning. The manufacturer has a 15-year warranty on this bad boy.
Beneficial Features of the Omega Twin Juicer
- Durable yet attractive material – It is made of steel to last as long as it can. This quality does not, however, take away the machine’s design and beauty. It looks attractive in your kitchen from its smooth exterior and choice of color (red).
- Double gear – It has two augers run by a 150-watt motor that rotates at 160 RPM. This speed allows you to prepare juice to last you two days noiselessly or for your guests when they come over. The twin gear also tears into your vegetable and their long stalks so that you do not have to spend hours in preparation.
- A broad chute – The days when you want to spend as little time as possible on vegetable and fruit preparation will make you appreciate this 1.5-inch chute. You can chunk down coarsely chopped vegetables and fruits into this twin gear juicer because it can handle them.
- No oxidation – Masticating juicers produce minimal heat if any during juicing due to their low rpm. This lack of heating keeps the nutrients and heat-sensitive enzymes in your fruits and vegetables intact. When using this cold-press machine, you can count on the uncompromised quality of juice. The low rpm also ensures a higher juice yield and no wastage.
Cons, but not deal breakers
Some reviewers say that the chute could be bigger, (maybe a 3-inch one) to reduce prepping time.
This juicer is made of material that will stand the test of time. If you are looking for a machine that will give you the highest quality of juice that you can keep for 72 hours, this is it. The output is great, and the nutritional value of you juice is not compromised. This juicer is a keeper.
With so many twin gear juicers on the market, these five emerged the best. Our verdict was based on user experience and the specs for each of these juicers. We had an overwhelming number pour praise on the Super Angel Twin Gear Juicer- 5500, which is which is why we gave it first place in this review.
We also tested these juicers for this review and they performed as advertised. The Super Angel Twin allowed us continued juicing due to its automatic ejection component. The pulp was also drier than in all the others. These twin gears are not only priced right, but they also function at such a high level. They are all available on Amazon.